Friday, June 24, 2011

Rainbow Brights

Sometimes when it's a rainy day, I just have to go all crazy with the colours so that I don't get meloncholy. I snapped this on my Blackberry while at my son's soccer game, and it goes without saying that I was the flashiest mom there. My ten year old said that he could see me from down the street and he knew it would be his mom because "The other moms dress boring". Kid approved?



Raincoat and boots: George

Shorts: Joe

Tights: Sourpuss

Umbrella: It's a long story, but finders keepers!


What do you do when the weather is terrible? Blend it or fight it? How many years do you think I have before the ten year old is embarrassed to be seen with me like this?


That's all,

Twills

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I say turn yourself into a f***ing Light Brite and BE the sunshine. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on my mood. I usually try to dress against the weather, but if I'm feeling foul - I'll reach for the greys and blacks.

    I give it three more years or so. Tweens become embarrassed by parents no matter what they do/look like. It's just part of being that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try not to wear greys and blacks. Last year this time I realised that most of my clothes were either black or the colour of cement so I knew I needed an intervention.

    ReplyDelete